- Parents, please provide feedback regarding the UISD GT Program by completing the survey below.
- Padres de familia, favor de completar la encuesta sobre el Programa Para Estudiantes Sobresalientes.
GT Parent Survey/Encuesta Para Padres Sobre el Programa Para Estudiantes Sobresalientes
The goal of the United Independent School District Gifted/Talented (GT) Program is to enable GT students to progress beyond the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS) of the regular school curriculum by providing in-depth learning experiences that explore complex subjects and issues.
Gifted/Talented Program Overview
As a result of participation in the GT Program, students are expected to:
- Grow in understanding of universal themes, issues, or problems through subject related activities planned to develop these understandings.
- Develop thinking skills (critical, creative, problem-solving, and logical) that will enable them to take their rightful place in solving social, ecological, and technical problems of the future.
- Develop independence in acquisition of knowledge and in learning to apply information in new situations and use it to develop new products.
- Develop an understanding of their giftedness and an appreciation for others through studies of individual differences and through interaction with both intellectual and social peers.
Kinder – Pre-screening begins in September with services being rendered in March to identified students
Elementary – K-5th grade GT students may receive services at their home campus through classroom instruction and GT project-based opportunities with trained GT teachers.