Dr Edith Landeck
Grants Administration Mission
The mission of the Grants Administration Department is to provide a structured approach to pursue and facilitate grant programs/initiatives that are strategically aligned with the district’s Mission Statement, the District Improvement Plan, and the Superintendent’s Goals.
Grants Administration Goals
The goals of the Grants Administration Department are to:
- Disseminate grant funding opportunities from local, state, and federal sources to the district’s campuses and
departments in a timely manner;
- Initiate and facilitate the process of grant program planning/design/evaluation for grant applications supported by
scientifically based research;
- Work diligently to ensure that grant applications are submitted to the funding source in conformity with grant
requirements, and within stated deadlines; and
- Aid in the reporting and review processes for ongoing grant programs in order to ensure conformity to the
program design and fidelity with the requirements of the granting agency.
Grants Administration Objectives
The main objective of the Grants Administration Department is to provide for guidance and assistance in the program planning, grant application completion, and timely submission of grant applications to benefit the students, staff, and facilities of the district. Additional objectives are to:
- Develop programs that are reasonable in both expenditures and expected results, interventions, and outcomes;
- Practice and encourage a high level of fiduciary responsibility;
- Provide for reporting and feedback practices that best serve program requirements;
- Gather/review/disseminate information and statistics for grant applications and/or in support of program
- Provide a central location for copies of grants submitted by district teachers or individual campuses
Dr. Edith Landeck, Director
Ms. Hilda Barrera, Secretary
(956) 473-6399 Fax
Grant Related Board Policies
Grant related board policies may be found at http://pol.tasb.org/home/index/1210.
Grants Administration Department Procedural Manual
The Grants Administration Department has prepared a Procedural Manual. This manual is available at the following link:
Grants Submitted Independently of the Grants Administration Department
At the direction of the Superintendent, all grant applications submitted on behalf of the students, staff, classrooms, libraries, campuses, or facilities must go through the Grants Administration Department. This may be accomplished by way of assistance provided by Grants Administration, or by providing written notice to Grants Administration staff that a teacher, principal, director, or other employee will be independently submitting their application. Notice may be provided on the following Intent to Apply for a Grant for Individual Teachers/Classrooms/Campuses form.