Samuel D. Flores
The Accounting Department is responsible for the financial management for United Independent School District through the preparation and reporting of the financial condition of the governmental, proprietary and fiduciary funds.
Services provided include:
- Preparation and distribution of monthly, semi-monthly, substitute payroll and related employee benefits
- Generation of disbursements and maintenance of all records for paid invoices
- Investment of District funds according to the Public Funds Investment Act
- To overlook the student activity accounts at the campus level
- Administration of the district’s debt and compliance of payment deadlines
- To comply with external regulatory requirements of Federal and State Grants through the submission of monthly/quarterly financial reports and requests for payment
- Reconciliation of District cash accounts, and
- To assist in the preparation and administration of the District’s Annual Operating Budget.
Our firm belief is to treat all employees with courtesy, dignity and respect – no question or problem is too large or too small for personal attention.
Payroll is responsible for filing with the Internal Revenue Services (IRS), Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS), and various other entities in which require payroll deductions for child support, student loan repayments, and other legal garnishments.
In 2007-2008, payroll processed payments for 6,685 employees averaging $19,386,098 and $5,235,829 in payroll deductions a month. For 2008-09, the District estimated payroll to be $243,896,019 in the General Fund for about 6,858 employees.
Accounts Payable focuses on meeting payment deadlines with the various companies that provide goods and services to the District.
In 2007-2008, accounts payable processed 18,535 payments and on average a total of $9,369,323 in payments are processed a month. For 2008-09, the District estimated to process $45,893,166 in accounts payable transactions.
Student Activity Funds
Student Activities purpose is to overlook the student activity accounts at the campus level. There are four student activities bookkeepers stationed at each of the High Schools. They are responsible for reviewing the bank reconciliation of the student activities and principal’s accounts, and ensuring that the student activity guidelines are being followed.