Sandra Alvarez del Castillo
Welcome to our Campus Intervention Website.
The mission of our Campus Intervention Department is to:
- Serve as a liaison to campuses in the school improvement process,
- Serve as a resource and mentor to administrators and campuses engaged in the Texas Accountability Intervention System (TAIS) monitoring process,
- Monitor, analyze, and support the performance of English Language Learners to ensure required learning proficiency,
- Support classroom teachers by providing staff development/training in implementation of ELPS (English Language Proficiency Strategies),
- Facilitate language acquisition for English Language Learners by providing comprehensible strategies,
- Conduct classroom observations and provide timely feedback to teachers and administrators, and
- Work collaboratively with our Associate Superintendent for Curriculum and Instruction, Instructional Executive Directors, Directors, and Instructional Coordinators to accelerate student achievement with emphasis on special populations/targeted students.
This school year we look forward to providing a systemic and sustainable approach to school improvement efforts. Through our collaborative efforts, we plan to overcome the present day challenges and ensure that our campuses meet both federal and state standards. Together, we will continue to improve the learning achievement of our students and prepare them to become college and/or career ready graduates.
The purpose for the ELL program is to:
- Facilitate language acquisition for English Language Learners by providing multiple, comprehensible strategies.
- Provide ELL strategies to content area teachers for improving instruction.
- Assist English Language Learners in increasing vocabulary, reading comprehension and writing skills.
- Conduct classroom observations and provide feedback to teachers and administrators.
|Estela de la Garza